SwanCare At Home
SwanCare At Home provides a range of services designed to help you continue to enjoy an active, connected life in the comfort of your own home.
The types of services provided depend on the specific needs of the individual and can include:
- personal care – such as help with showering or bathing, dressing, mobility, personal safety, communication, meal preparation and eating
- support services – such as help with washing and ironing, house cleaning, gardening, basic home maintenance, home modifications related to your care needs, and transport to help you do shopping, visit your doctor or attend social activities
- clinical care – nursing and other health support such as physiotherapy (exercise, mobility, strength and balance) and podiatry (foot care).
Types of packages available
There are four levels of Government-funded Home Care Packages:
- Level 1 supports people with basic care needs
- Level 2 supports people with low-level care needs
- Level 3 supports people with intermediate care needs
- Level 4 supports people with high-level care needs
How do I get a Home Care Package?
While there is no minimum age, you will need to be assessed by a member of an Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT) to receive help at home through a Home Care Package.
If you are assessed as being eligible for a package, you will be put in touch with the home care providers in your area. Your Home Care provider will help you plan your package based on your specific needs.
Who pays for Home Care Packages?
The Australian Government pays for the bulk of aged care in Australia. However, you may be asked to contribute to the cost. If you’d like to know more about a Home Care Package, including the fees, please call our SwanCare At Home Coordinator on 6250 0300 or visit www.myagedcare.gov.au.
For more information about SwanCare At Home, call 6250 0300 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.